Pages

Friday, June 24, 2016

Night Owl



Late night writings are the best hands down.
When you are most at your most vulnerable.
When your walls are down.
The masks are off.
You can see who you really are.
I've embraced my night owl and turned it into my full time personality.
I hate barriers.
I despise the falseness that is modern day society.

When did being yourself turn into something that should be feared?
Locked away?
Hidden from the world.

When I was younger I loved to climb trees and read and eat apples like a horse.
Then I turned thirteen and those things weren't cool.
Climbing trees was for boys and toddlers.
Reading was for losers.
Eating too many apples makes you annoying and fat.
I would talk about what I would do if I could go back but lets move forward.

I read fiction books about romance and magic because I'm the biggest loser you've ever met.
I climb trees because I am a teenage boy.
And to this day apples are still my favorite meal.
(Like I can eat four in under a minute I'm literally insane.)

Why is is that we linger in the idea that its okay for others to tell us how we should act and who we should be?
How we should talk.
How we should love.
Who we should love.
What we should wear.

Never forget you are your own person so screw anyone who tells you anything otherwise.
Embrace your inner night owl.
Build bridges not walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let's talk!