Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Dreaming of New York

                  I wasn't meant for the country.  I was born to be a concrete animal.  I wasn't meant for the hills and the valleys I was meant for flat ground and tall buildings.  I wasn't meant for sundresses and plaid I was meant for heels and black dresses.  I was meant for the hustle and bustle of the city not the quiet town where everything closes at 8.  I was meant for sharp looks and the sound of shoes hitting the concrete and subways and trains.  I want to walk down a crowded street and no one even give me a second look.  I want to wear red lipstick and sunglasses everyday.  I want to own an apartment where I can have a small library and smell fresh coffee brewing across the street.  I want to be able to go and do something if I can't sleep at 3 in the morning.  I want to ride in a taxi and I want to hear street music everyday.   

                   I wasn't meant to slow down.  I wasn't meant for the horses and the fields.  I was meant to be modern and alive.  I wasn't meant for open spaces I was meant for cramped conditions.  Take me to me to New York where I can be the concrete animal I was born to be.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let's talk!