Pages

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Things Once Forgotten



I know it sounds strange but I recently decided to start living my life for myself and not for someone else.  At first I thought it was selfish to think like that.  Like caring about myself made me a monster.  I guess you could say I have a lot of healing to do.  I've always put some one at the center of my little universe and then completely forgotten about myself.  Forgotten that I matter too.  
So where do I go from here you ask? 
  Good question.  I don't really know. 

 I started doing things I used to love.  
Painting things that make me proud. 
Sketching cartoons.  
Reading books about people who don't exist. 
 Listening to music that makes me smile instead of cry.

Don't get me wrong I still care about other people and will drop everything to help those close to me if they need me.  I'm just no longer going to worry about things that don't concern me.  I'm going to stop putting others needs above my own.  I'm going to stop chasing after things that are not good for me.  For once in my life I am going to put my mental health first.   

I don't think it's selfish.
I think it's smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let's talk!