Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Please and Thank You


 We go through life with basically everything handed to us. I am convinced we are the most spoiled generation ever.

So today while in school, I decided to count how many people held the door for someone or said thank you or please.

At the end of the day 7 people held open the door for some one.  6 were teachers.  

15 people had the chance to open the door for someone but didn't.  5 of those who didn't were teachers.  

13 people said thank you.  All 13 were teachers.  

23 had the chance but didn't.  7 of those who didn't were teachers.  

17 people said please today.  And a whopping 12 were teachers.  

14 had the chance and didn’t.  2 were teachers.

It boggles my mind that someone can be that concerned with themselves that they don't even bother with common everyday things that you should do and say out of respect. It kills me truly that I grow up in a generation like this.  

Well if this even in the least bit touched you I'm glad.  Maybe you can just start saying please and thank you if you didn't already. 

With much love,
Lil Red

3 comments:

  1. Are you sure you were at school and not at my work? Love the blog, little lovey!
    And I'M ON YOUR SIDEBAR! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love, love, love this post! I'm so impressed you noticed all of that around you. Change the world with common courtesy sweet girl! (wink) Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this! You are so right, people are getting more and more intuned with just themselves. It hurts to see blatent disregard for others when I'm out and about. Thank you for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let's talk!