Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fall

I love sitting by my open window and listening to the wind rushing through the leaves.  The almost ocean like sound could put you right to sleep.  The distant harmony of crickets adds to the alluring sound of this festival of fall.  Over the tops of the tree lines I can see the bright crisp sliver of the silver moon, it's so subtle but at the same time very definite.   Light breezes float through the small holes in my window causing my blinds to sway and make a quiet tapping noise.  Fall has surprised me this year as it does every year.  It sneaks up on me like a thief in the night.  Every year I try so hard to prepare for the chill and the late nights and the changing of the leaves that I don't see fall staring me straight in the face.  Never have I ever seen a fall that can even compare to the ones in North Carolina.  The reddish mountain views.  The violet sunrises.  Fall is the most amazing season there ever was.

I love breathing in the cool breezes, sending a brilliant chill though my whole body.  I love the warm drinks that follow fall.  I love the sweaters and the hoodies and the hats and the scarves and the gloves.  I love the stars on the coolest of nights.  I love the bundling of layers just to keep warm.  I love when I can see my breath in the air, that reminds me I'm human.  I love the candles.  But most of all, I love the crunch of the leaves every step I take.

Feeling Festive,
Lil Red

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely agree! Fall (as you know) is my favorite! I wish it could always be fall... love, love, love this piece!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let's talk!